Welcome. SRUG covers routes and stations Peckham Rye, Nunhead, South Bermondsey, Queens Road, Denmark Hill, East Dulwich, North Dulwich. The aims are to learn about the local rail system to make informed comments and secure improvements to stations and services. SRUG interests for Peckham Rye now covered by Peckham Vision, and relevant local groups cover their own stations. Occasional rail news is posted on this website by Peckham Vision.
Click to see: SRUG News; SRUG maps; about SRUG.
Main current campaigns, topical issues and actions
- restore our Victoria Services. see here
- improve all services: by integrated planning & management of rail services in our inner south London area; including 7 day regular and frequent services into key central London stations, new interchanges at Clapham, Battersea and Brixton, improving marketing of the services, and planning the Bakerloo Line extension through Southwark. See further information here.
- the new East London Line = London Overground Clapham Junction to Surrey Quays
- loss of the South London Line & the impact
Join the SRUG mailing list to be kept up to date; email: SRUG@southwarkrailusers.net.
Tube Map Variations
Milestones in the South London Line (SLL) Campaign
- The SLL came to an end on 8th December 2012.
- The ELL began on 9th December 2012.
- Events, articles + publicity for this transition. [this is being compiled]
- Battle to save SLL lost: The battle to save the SLL was lost as none of the rail bodies would create space at London Bridge for the SLL to terminate there while the station is being rebuilt during 2013-2019. In June 2010 TfL presented their report on how to ‘mitigate’ the loss of services to Victoria as a result of losing the SLL. See the report here . The focus now is to get the gaps in services to Victoria filled (see Victoria Services campaign) and to seek to have the SLL reinstated in 2019. For the archives of the campaign to Save the SLL see here.